

This is why it's not the best idea to play basketball in flop flops (or as they call them in the islands- slippas). Story: One day Mal and I were looking for something to do when a bunch of guys asked us if we wanted to play some basketball in the parking lot. Well, thinking we wouldn't last that long with all these rough guys I didn't bother to go clear back to my dorm and get some better shoes. Long story short: I dribbled though a innocent looking puddle... little did I know there was thick slippery Hawaiian mud under that water. It is a miracle my pants ever came clean (lots of scrubbing and even more shout). My foot took a few weeks to heal because I didn't have any sandals that didn't rub on that hole. Good news is...the guys told me a brought respect to all Utah girls (they have a bad rep here) because I kept playing after I slipped. Mostly the whole thing was just funny. It's a good think I am used to totally embarrassing myself pretty much everyday of my life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment