Friday, April 25, 2008

Foodfest!

Oh there is so much to say about foodfest! This event is a big deal around here. I bet you can't find anything like it anywhere else in the world. Every club on campus (which is at least 35- if not a hundred) makes traditional food from their country and sales it to earn money for the semester. It's like a giant food carnival that no one misses. Keep in mind that there is a club for pretty much every place in the world here and none of the food is "americanized". Most of it is a little sketchy so you have to not think about the sanitation behind the whole process. I don't think you understand how big of an accomplishment this is for me. Three of us all bought food together so we could try a little bit of about fifteen different foods. Somethings I tried were so disgusting they made me gag (seriously), but it was so worth it to get to the foods that were so amazingly delicious. Oh they were so good! I was so sick at the end of the night from the random assortment of foreign foods, but I didn't care because it was so fun and such a cool experience.


Don't ask me what they are doing...Sorry the pictures don't capture the experience very well. It was too crazy to mess with the camera very much. Food is a little distracting for me. ha ha!

1 comment:

Burrell said...

Oh, Carrie my girl! I only wish I were a little mouse in your pocket and you were passing me crumbs from the delicious food you sampled. Maybe next time, eh?